ক্যাডেট কলেজে ভর্তি প্রস্তুতি
প্রিয় শিক্ষার্থীরা, আজ তোমাদের ইংরেজি বইয়ের গুরুত্বপূর্ণ প্রশ্ন নিয়ে আলোচনা করা হলো। প্রথমে নিজেরা চেষ্টা করবে, পরে সঠিক উত্তরের সঙ্গে মিলিয়ে নেবে।
(গত আলোচনার পর)
6. Read the text below and fill-in the gaps using the clues given in the boxes. There are more words than necessary. One word can be used once only. 1/2 X 1 0 = 5
committing otherwise best miserable
shaped suffer maker accordingly
cry repent proper surely
Man is the (a) — of his own fate. If he makes a (b)- — division of his time and does his duties (c) —, he is sure to prosper in life. But if he does (d) —, he . is due to (e) — when it is too late and he will have to drag a (f) — existence from day-to-day. To kill time is as bad as (g) — suicide. Youth is the (h) — season of life. In youth the mind is soft and can be (i) — in any form you like. If we lose the morning of life, we must (j) — afterwards.
7. Read the text below and fill in the gaps using suitable words to make it a meaningful text. 1x5=5
Language is the first medium of acquiring knowledge. (a) — all the people of the world do not (b) — in the same language. Every nation has its (c) — language, this is called mother tongue of that (d) — We are the Bangalees. Bangla is our mother (e) —.
8. Match the part of sentences from columns A and B to make five complete sentences. Colum B has one more options than required. 1x5=5
(a) Marco Polo was
i. from Venice to China.
(b) He made a journey
ii. horses as means of journey transport.
(c) He travelled by land and sea,
iii. planes as transport.
(d) He used ships, camels,
iv. over mountains and across deserts.
(e) It took Polo over
v. an adventurous man.
vi. three years to reach China.
4. (i) (king with an) umbrella (ii) fashionable women (iii) China (iv) on books (v) for making umbrella
5. (a) False. Old umbrellas were often made of oiled silk.
(c) False, Only royal family umbrellas in old China. (d) False. Old umbrellas had ribbing wood.
6. (a) maker (b) proper (c) accordingly (d) otherwise (e) repent (f) miserable (g) committing (h) best (i) shaped (j) suffer
7. (a) But (b) speak (c) own (d) nation (e) tongue
8. (a) + v Marco Polo was an adventurous man.
(b) + He made a journey from Venice to China.
(c) + He travelled by land and sea, over mountains and across deserts.
(d) + ii He used ships, camels, horses as means of transport.
[ বাকি অংশ পরে প্রকাশিত হবে ]