আজ তোমাদের ইংরেজি থেকে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ প্রশ্ন নিয়ে আলোচনা করা হলো।
(গত আলোচনা পর)
2. Answer the following questions from your reading of the above text. 2x4 = 8
(a) What were the local people doing at the Tha Kha floating market?
(b) How was the food served?
(c) What type of market is the Tha Kha?
(d) Which language do the Tha Kha people not understand? How did they communicate with Mita and Zara?
3. Read the following text and fill in the gaps with appropriate words to make it a meaningful one. 1x5 = 5
Along the costal villages in Japan, Ama divers are still found. They are women who dive (a) — to the depth of the sea for their living. They do so without taking any safety measure just relying on their own skills and breathing (b) —. The most (c) — qualities of these divers are careful watching, lung capacity and (d) — huntership. The new generation women are not as (e) — in taking this profession as the older ones.
1. (a) iv. conventional (b) i. products (c) iv. initially (d) i. food (e) ii. customers (f) i. locals (g) ii. observe
2. (a) The local people were buying and selling goods at the Tha KHA floating market.
(b) The food was served in bowl made from banana leaf.
(c) The Tha Kha is a traditional floating market in Thailand.
(d) The Thai people do not understand English or another language excepting their mother tongue. They communicated with Mita and mm Zara in their own way of communication.
3. a) independently (b) techniques (c) outstanding (d) instinctive (e) interested
Part-A : Reading Test [Marks : 20]
Read the text and answer questions 1, 2 and 3. Thousands of years ago, the first pearl was probably discovered while human beings were searching for food at the sea shore. Throughout history the pearl with its shine has been one of the most highly valued gems. Pearls have been mentioned many times in religious texts and mythologies from the earliest times. The ancient Egyptians valued pearls so much that they were buried with them. It is said that, the famous queen of Egypt Cleopatra would dissolve a pearl in a glass and drink it as a sign of love and respect for the entire nation.
The Greeks thought the pearls as a sign of wealth and social position. The beauty of pearls was associated with love and marriage.
[বাকি অংশ প্রকাশিত হবে আগামীকাল]